> I just tried with GENERIC and everything works. I don't know why I
> expected a normal module to work with a VIMAGE kernel since VIMAGE modules
> are erm... virtualized:)
> What I really wonder now is whether I could somehow avoid having to
> install the ports tree for a single port. Something like, a package that
> contains the source of the VirtualBox module which one could build.
> Or virtualbox-ose-kmod-vnet package:)
> Thoughts?

Install ports tree in a temporary location (another computer or something),
grab the required folder and move it to the computer that you want to
install the port on and do 'make install clean' ? probably won't work like
that, you would need to make sure the directories for dependencies are
there too :o)