I'm pretty sure that's not true.  As an example, it doesn't have a grub.cfg
anywhere.  There are a few things ending in .cfg in /isolinux, but none of
them work passed as the -g argument.  Neither does -d /isolinux -d /live or
-d /install work.

It seems that either grub-bhyve would need to be hacked _or_ we need to
think about something that can perform an emulated "boot"...