On 20.01.2017 21:10, SK wrote:
Note, I'm not a developer nor a committer, just a humble sysadmin.
This problem is unrelated. ARP statistics is global and isn't related to
some specific interface. IMHO, the kernel panics due to missing VNET
context. As I see from the code in sys/dev/xen, it is not capable with
VIMAGE.
I cannot really look into this right now due to lack of time, but I'm
more than
happy to review/apply patches in order to fix this.

Roger.

Further to my previous, since the provider of the VPS confirmed that
they could run FreeBSD 10 and use bridge without any issue, I thought
I'd have a look. The section from my crash-debug
0xffffffff80c2dd93 is in arprequest (/usr/src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c:427).
422             ro.ro_flags = 0;
423
424             m->m_flags |= M_BCAST;
425             m_clrprotoflags(m);     /* Avoid confusing lower layers. */
426             (*ifp->if_output)(ifp, m, &sa, &ro);
427             ARPSTAT_INC(txrequests);
428     }
429
430

Well, as I said, there is no VNET support in the sys/dev/xen.
It may work without problems even if you have compiled it with VIMAGE enabled. But it will crash just after you try to start some VNET-jail.
It is just not implemented yet.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov