On 11/15/2012 12:55 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
On 14 November 2012 22:52, Joshua Isom <jri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently purchased a wireless card with an AR9380 chipset.  I'm wanting to
try the driver, but would I need to update my whole kernel to -HEAD or just
the directory to -HEAD and keep the rest as -STABLE?

I test things out on a combination of HEAD and 9.0-RELEASE / 9-STABLE
with -HEAD net80211/ath. The latter is .. tricky, but doable.
I suggest that testers just run -HEAD unless they know what they're doing.

I'm using the system as a home server, low use but 24/7 availability as much
as possible.  How reliable is it currently?

Everything pre-AR9380 is stable. The HAL code for the AR9380 isn't
open source - I've been committing the non-HAL code to FreeBSD (ie,
reimplementing the driver layer bits) and I'm going though the process
at ${WORK} to get an open source version of the AR9380 HAL. So there's
no real AR9380 support just yet.

I've had people ask if I'll release a binary AR9380 HAL KLD for
i386/amd64. The short answer (just for the record) is no - I'm not
going down that particular road. :-)

Adrian

So I'm taking it that currently it will not work without the glue that's not yet available?

I'm trying to get ndis working, but it's failing to find the device. I can run pciconf -lv and it shows that it's connected.