I not tried freebsd-head yet, but I'm able today. In mode N seems like
the NIC sends only one frame, and no more.

With tcpdump and/or wlandebug I see only rx packets and no tx.

If you add some pointer what changes must I create to easier debug, or
what concrete information required, feel free to ping me or send the
details.