On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:14:36PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I've just written up a wiki page which links to the images that I'm toying
> with.
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/AdrianChadd/XenImages

Thanks a lot!  Nice to see all that recent activity on FreeBSD dom0!

Over the last 12 months or so I've tried several times to get a working
dom0 to try the FreeBSD Xen bits on but being a complete Lunix nono,
three attempts with Linux failed (with Centos 5.0 - xen too old,
OpenSuse 11.0 - system wouldn't boot after vanilla install, and Centos
5.2 - I stalled trying to get all the software installed to run Xen).

At EuroBSDcon 2008 I had a talk with Michael Dexter about using a netbsd
Dom0 (see http://multiplicity.bsd.lv/) but only 'almost' got it to work
but choked on getting a grub working on 64-bit netbsd and other
challenges.

Yesterday I decided to try again from the beginning, now with Solaris
Express Community Edition build 114 after a chat with a good friend
working at Sun.  I finally got a working setup, under VMware Fusion
first but now starting installation on a freed up quad core workstation.

This all shows that getting a dom0 up and running can be a challenge if
you're not Linux literate.  Are there any more detailed resources on the
net about "getting your first dom0 that's capable of running FreeBSD domU
up and running for newbies"?

The weekend is almost over so $WORK will take over my agenda soon.
If no good resources are available I'm willing to spend more time on
this and write up notes to be put on the wiki.

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld