Mike McDermott wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently downloaded the 2.1.0 beta2 of freeciv for windows.  I can't
> get it to save games.  The dialog seems to work fine to save the game, but
> after I type in a name for the game and press save no file is created on the
> harddrive.  I tried the same thing with 2.0.8 and it worked fine, so I think
> I'm doing it right (how hard can it be to save a game?)  I still have
> several gigabytes free on the HDD so it's not a full drive.  I'm using the
> default installation and game save directories on Windows XP
>
> Any ideas?

An odd problem.  Most likely I'd guess it's saving the file in the wrong
place, or at least in a different place from where it looks for it
later.  I seem to recall some changes about home directories under XP,
it's probably trying to save in your documents folder somewhere.

I'm not sure how to easily trace the save location however.

-jason