Hello, Daniel,

Daniel Markstedt wrote on Dec 11, 22:31 (-0800):

> I read this,
>
> http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2273&start=30
>
> and thought that it might be a good idea to exclude currently living
> persons from our leader lists. Isn't it fitting that the leaders are
> historical in a game about history?

Uhm, well, Freeciv is not necessarily only about history, I think.

Clearly, no current leaders should be in the rulesets. This is mainly
to avoid political discussions about them, IIRC.

I think, excluding all living people is too much. There might very well
be persons with historical meaning that are still alive.

It may even be fun to see a well-remembered (cause recent) leader in
the list. But the main criteria is still importance, whether in good or
in bad.

BTW, we have some very new nations in the set like Croatia.

Christian