IIRC there were some port attempts, but there were too many changes to
the codebase
since then.

It was eventually decided that we should try to incorporate the
Civworld functionality
into the regular civclient, via an edit mode, changing it to enable
remote map editing.

I believe some of these features are in CVS right now, but support is
rudimentary
and poorly tested.