On 2/22/07, Daniil Ivanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Well, the wiki is wrong in this case. The Large Soviet Encyclopedia
>  marks Tadeusz Kościuszko as Polish political and military figure.
>  Anyway he was Polish by nationality.
>  I look at a list of famous Belarusians
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Belarusians
>  and there is no matching people. Well, there are quite
>  many prominent Zionists, but they became famous
>  living in Israel.

Simon Bolivar for example is in both the Venezuelan and Colombian
nation (with different spellings). He was Venezuelan by birth, but is
considered a national hero in Colombia as well.

Long list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_Belarus

Miscellaneous figures:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstanty_Kalinowski