On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 Daniil Ivanov wrote:

> On 16/03/07, Egor Vyscrebentsov <evyscr@> wrote:
> >
> > I would like these to be called non-automatically, but by something
> > like 'make update-png' (inspired by 'make update-po'). And like
> > 'make update-po' it can be called by 'make dist' rather than regular
> > 'make'. Btw, what script do if there is no inkscape in system?
> >
> It fails :) Well, this is the exact behavior before, when you add SVG, patch
> half of dozen of files and try to build, make says to you there is no rule
> to produce PNG files. In absence of Inkscape make will fail trying to execute
> convert_png. However, if we will keep adding PNG to SVN this rule will never
> be used during 'make' or 'make dist'. I feel update-po is very
> different from this use-case.

Well, I thought about another case: .svg file is newer than .png. I don't
want to regen new png, and regen it again after `svn revert`, and regen
it again... ;) I have at least one machine which: 1) has no inkscape
installed; 2) is to slow to regenerate pngs.

PS. I don't know about current behavior, but it does not enforce me to
use inkscape during the build.

--
Thanks, evyscr