On 6/17/07, mecanography <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wow... finaly got it kinda working... I launched a civserver through
> command line and could connect and start a game (build city,
> irrigation, move, enter huts, etc...), I just had a crash when trying
> to open unit info panel... The SDL client is very nice looking!
> (didn't test sound, is it working? because the option is dim out here).
> By the way, I found how to "properly" use DEFAULT_DATA_PATH (and let
> FREECIV_PATH alone)^^ now I must link the embedded civserver
> (hints?)! And I just found a definition for "readline" so I guess
> this option is pretty useless in this build (or does it serve kinda
> client-server operations? I doubt it but as I don't precisely know, a
> confirmation wuld be nice).
> Fact is the HAVE_CONFIG_H doesn't keep it defined value through .c
> code files on compile (surely an option I didn't check in Xcode) so I
> changed all headers needing it accordingly and it seems that headers
> order has importance especialy when "config.h" is involved. I guess
> most errors came from that.
> It's very nice to have a Cocoa SDL (though X11 was fine too), thanks
> to the SDL team!
The more users the better! It would be nice to have binary packages so
the other Mac users do not have to compile their own SDL client though.
> P.-S. I hope I'm not disturbing the serenity of the list by posting
> my findings ( there are questions as well, newby ones mostly sorry
> for that).
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
Freeciv-dev mailing list