2007/6/24, Per I. Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Ulrik Sverdrup wrote:
> > I'm looking at the patch from #2912 now and can "review" it. Do you or
> > anyone know the reason it did not go further? No interest?
>
> More interesting things came up, I believe.
>
>    - Per

Regarding this bug and #2912

The previous "attempt" is very well designed and aims at removing
game.info.year, and drive everything with turns. Well designed and we
should have that as goal. However, this requires porting effort for
every client and is more intrusive.

My view was to first accept that we have a year-based timeline that
can run from a negative start year to a positive end year. We still
send the year as an int to the client each turn, etc.

This is a more of an internal change in the server, not an "API"
change, and should be easier. That way of fixing just the timeline
speedup abstraction could be handled just inside game.c's
game_next_year and the rulesets and effects files.*

*However I realize that a year-based effect requirement requires some
development on effects code and might not even be easy.

I just want maintainer okays and design decisions, so that it is known
what we want to achieve so we can start implementing it.