 Patches s2_1-helptext-v4.diff and s2_1-helptext2.diff committed to
S2_1. Version that applies to trunk needed.

On 08/09/07, Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> >
> >  insert_allows() a couple of lines later starts (over)writing from the
> > beginning of the buffer.
>
> Yes, wrong params of insert_allows(). Overwrites basic helptext also.

 Handling of current index inside buffer should be rewritten (in
trunk). I don't like how we have to search end of exiting text every
time we add new line to helptext. But that's for another ticket.

> However, I don't understand why there should be zeroing of buffer
> inside insert_allows().

 That just sets one byte, and is much safer than trusting that nobody
ever changes callers -or adds new one - so that first byte seen by
insert_allows() is not zero.

> PS. I thought that there was documented rule that we use my_snpritf()
> rather than s[n]printf, but I can't find anything now...

 It should be quite obvious that when we have freeciv variant of some
standard function, it should be used. They are there for a reason.

 - ML