This transaction appears to have no content
I've always liked being able to use the information supplied by Embassies established with AI players when playing a stand-alone game.  However, I have always thought it odd that the only purpose embassies served in the Civ style games that I've played is to spy on other countries.

You can make treaties without an embassy, but cannot tell what some other player (AI or otherwise) is researching without one.

If you plan on removing the embassies, but leave some way for the information on other civilizations to appear in the reports, I'm all for it.