On 11/8/07, William Allen Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One of the difficulties encountered trying to add vision to borders: the
> current algorithm for borders is non-deterministic and context based,
> relying on a history (the previous turn iteration).
>
> Instead, I propose a deterministic algorithm, based on static data such
> as city turn_founded and a (configurable) multiplier.

Any larger change to the borders code will have large repercussions on
other parts of the code, especially diplomacy and movement.

There is a lot of thought and debate behind the current design, and
not all of the constraints that shaped it may be immediately obvious.
I would suggest that before you change it, at least post the design
you have come up with here for discussion.

  - Per