On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

Andreas Røsdal wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

Andreas Røsdal wrote:
Hello!

Here is a new demo of the Freeciv web client:
http://freeciv-web.game-host.org:8080/freeciv-web/login.jsp

The game is almost playable, with authentication support and a custom pubserver. You can use the normal keyboard shortcuts from the GTK+ version. Only the left mouse button is useful, since browsers don't allow
overriding the right mouse button.

It works with Firefox 1.5+, Safari, Opera. It currently works best
with a recent Firefox version. It also works with Internet Explorer 7+ if you have Silverlight installed, through excanvas.

Note that my bandwidth is quite limited, which could make loading times quite high. Let me know if this works for you. It isn't quite the google-maps experience yet :-)

Very nice indeed.

But why doesn't it use ggz!

GGZ would be ideal for this, but it is more complex, and it doesn't have a HTTP interface and doesn't support launching civclients...

What's needed is a server-side library that can interface with your code (i.e., the http interface). Speaking of which, where is your code?

-jason

In that case we need a Java library for the J2EE server (Resin) which gives the web client access to the GGZ functionality.

I haven't uploaded the code anywhere yet. I could probably get it done fairly soon though.

 - Andreas