Hi
I have now had crashes 4 and 5 from this bug.
This time in LTXIV.

Some more info about my setup.
Am running Freeciv 2.1.9-GTK on windowsXP.
The crash is an assert failure in file common/city.c on line 553.
I am not using your new debug version - sorry. Too hard to compile on
windows.

Crash 4 was destroying an empty size 1 city without palace.
Crash 5 was destroying an empty size 1 city with palace.
This crash has not occurred when I capture cities intact with or without
palaces. The crash sometimes occurs a few minutes after the city has been
destroyed.

Kevin551