Thanks for taking the time to explain more in-depth, Marko! That really helps
me to understand the context.

I've make changes to my (upcoming) menu reorg patch. I have some better
ideas, but for now I punted too and left the menu as-is. :-)

On the other hand, your new code reveals an inconsistency in how the existing
Build Fortress and Build Airbase have their sensitivity set. It looks like
can_units_do_base() checks to see if units can build a base type *and* can do
that activity on the current tile, whereas can_units_do_base_gui() only checks
to see if units can build a base type.

I've attached a patch that makes can_units_do_base_gui() behave the same as
can_units_do_base().

(file #6170)

File name: unitlist.diff                  Size:0 KB