Update of bug #16003 (project freeciv):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #6:

> Your patch certainly makes sense. The trunk client will still
> crash though, when connecting to an unpatched 2.2 or a 2.1.5
> server. I consider this to be a problem, because unpatched
> servers will be on people's machines for any time to come. The
> client should deal properly with "legacy" servers.

Well, I agree I did fast work to unsure 2.2.1 would be patched. Actually,
what you describe is not a big problem. trunk/ shouldn't be very stable
because it's the development branch. When 2.3 will be released, 2.1.x and
2.2.0 servers wouldn't exist anymore. But, I will make a better fix.

> In testing this, I got a little confused by the fact that "make
> distclean" doesn't delete the script-generated files like
> client/packhand_gen.c, even when run in the source directory.
> Maybe one could change that, so I attached a simple patch.

Please, avoid to use an item for different non-related bugs.