I am against file #9348 because it adds a hardcoded exception for "NonMil"
(F_CIVILIAN) units from the "Veteran_Build" effect.

The default ruleset allows communist governments to build veteran Diplomats
(or Spies):

[effect_communism_0]
name    = "Veteran_Build"
value   = 1
reqs    =
    { "type",       "name",      "range"
      "Gov", "Communism", "Player"
      "UnitFlag", "Diplomat", "Local"
    }

But with file #9348, a communist city would never build a veteran Diplomat
(or Spy), because the unit is "NonMil". So file #9348 ruins the default
ruleset.

I prefer file #9333. I have said that file #9333 _'would only affect unit
that have "Settlers" flag or "Cities" flag but lack "NoVeteran" flag. There
are no such units in the default ruleset, because Workers, Engineers and
Settlers have the "NoVeteran" flag.'_

File #9348 is not necessary, because a custom ruleset can separate Barracks
from "NonMil" units, like so:

[effect_barracks]
name    = "Veteran_Build"
value   = 1