Perhaps I should describe the problem first:

In longturn you reconnect once a day and all the old messages are replayed.
If there is a private conversation between two players only one side is saved
in the event cache. So lets say player A and B write private messages to each
other but are not online at the same time:

[A: online; B: offline]
A->B: ->{B} Did you destroy my city?
[A: offline; B: online]
(cache): {A} Did you destroy my city?
B->A: Which city?
[A: online; B: offline]
(cache): {A} Which city?
A->B: ->{B} On the island  in NO.
[A: offline; B: online]
(cache): {A} Did you destroy my city?
(cache): {A} On the island  in NO.

So half of the conversation is missing! The patch saves also the part of the
sender. So if he reconnects the conversion is complete.

At the moment the chat message is saved two times. Perhaps private messages
should use the prefix '{A->B}' and be saved for sender and recipient? In the
example this would result in:

(cache): {A->B} Did you destroy my city?
(cache): {B->A} Which city?
(cache): {A->B} On the island  in NO.