> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Pepeto wrote:
>> I think that what happen is that the settlers are AI-controlled by the
>> server. You need to free the ai data of the unit before calling
>> free_unit_orders(). There are some examples, notably in
>
> Thanks a lot, I think this might solve my problems.
>
>> There are no reason the client doesn't compute
>> the path itself in my opinion, then it is the responsability of the user
>> to slow down only its own side.
>
> While in theory it is probably best to compute the path on the client,
> path-finding for the Freeciv web client hasn't been implemented yet.
> Implementing proper Freeciv path-finding in Javascript is quite a
> challenge, so it will have to be done on the server for now.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem of units randomly becoming AI
controlled. The problem still occurs. This is the change I did, to free
the AI data before calling free_unit_orders():

http://github.com/freecivnet/freeciv-web/commit/5bee2ba798507fe259819f8cf819cfec19859748

Is there anything else you can think of that would cause the AI to take
control over these units? How can I revent this from occuring, or debug
why it is happening?

Regards,
Andreas