I think units uk_shield, uk_gold and effects Unit_Upkeep_Free_Per_City and
Upkeep_Factor already model everything I see need for (setting upkeep for all
units in shields under one government and in gold under another government is
not even close to limits).
So, question "Why Shield2Gold exist?" is good one from my point of view. I
really don't understand what we try to model with it. Or is it used purely for
game balance reasons?
README.ruleset_experimental: "After The Corporation is researched, the upkeep
for most modern military units (Musketeers onwards) is changed from shields to
gold"
Why is upkeep of these modern units in shields before The Corporation is
researched? Why only these units change, and not all?