Update of bug #18087 (project freeciv):

                Category:                    None => general
             Assigned to:                    None => syntron
         Planned Release:                         => 2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #4:

Here is my first try one the problem. As you found out the recursive loop in
assign_continent_flood() is a problem. I do it in one while loop.

Furthermore, there are problem with smooth_int_map(). At the moment maps up
to at least 2000x200 are possible. The memory requirement are:

server 2000x200 map 20 players turn 0: 600MB
client global observer: 450MB

> So why isn't it defined to be MAP_MAX_SIZE * 1000? And is this
> define really necessary? These are the only occurrences:

MAX_DBV_LENGTH gives the largest size of a dynamic bit vector (dbv).
MAP_MAX_SIZE can't be used as this value is not available for files in
./utilities.

(file #12942)

File name: 0009-allow-map-sizes-up-to-2048x200.patch Size:5 KB