If it wouldn't make your workflow harder, I'd like you to submit your patches
in a bit different format in the future to fit better my own patch handling
systems and workflow.

Patches should be relative to freeciv root-directory, not to just some
subdirectory where the patched file happens to be. Actually I'd prefer patches
that can be applied with "-p1", but I'm ok with the fact that most people
submit "-p0" patches.

I myself have two copies of freeciv tree (of each branch). One is called
src.orig (exactly what you get from svn) and changes are applied to
src.patched. So my development scripts create patches with equivalent of:

diff -Nurd -X<somepath>/.diff_ignore src.orig src.patched > <patchname>.diff