> Also, are we ready for complaints about ballooning file sizes?

Which, once sprites are loaded, means bigger memory usage...
I'm actually already worried what happens with small embedded devices if our
default tileset will contain all the orientation sprites. Of course
orientation sprites are optional (tileset author may decide to omit them) so
maybe we just have to ship separate tileset without those sprites. Well, we
can do that as long as no (default ruleset) rules depend on unit orientation,
so it's not information player really needs. But now that server has unit
orientation information, it would be nice to implement features like
backstabbing for fantasy ruleset...