Update of bug #18170 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:             2.3.0,2.4.0 => 2.2.6,2.3.0,2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #14:

Attached new patches without the believed-unnecessary bug compatibility mode.
These just change the MD5 implementation.

(They also move the creation of the MD5 sum that's saved in the database from
new users from SQL to C.)

The S2_3 version backports cleanly to S2_2, and this is less invasive than I
thought it would be, so I'm inclined to put this in 2.2.6.

In principle these are candidates for committing. However, I haven't yet
tested them (beyond verifying the MD5 calculation) as I haven't got round to
setting up a MySQL database as the backend for authentication. Such testing
(involving creating a new user and logging in as an existing user) is probably
a prerequisite for committing.

(file #13317, file #13318)

File name: trunk-md5-portability.diff     Size:33 KB
File name: S2_3-S2_2-md5-portability.diff Size:33 KB