> Such an option is really rarely needed, and really shouldn't be
> used by accident, so I wonder if it should be commandline-option
> at all or only in database access configuration file (I haven't
> checked new authentication database access code, but I assume
> that server name and port, mysql user name and password are
> still read from configuration file).
Didn't know about that. Yes, that still exists on trunk in much the same
form, I think (it's specified with "--Database <file>" rather than "--auth
<file>" now).

It could take the form of a new "hash" parameter in that file, with options
"md5" (default) and "md5swap" to solve this problem, but extensible to other
hashes such as SHA-1 in future if we feel the need.