As I know that there are new members in this list urging to get
something to do, let's revisit my June mail. These are about bigger
subprojects ,if you want to work on such. Fixes to individual bugs and
simple one-patch features are very much welcome also.

On 7 June 2011 19:32, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I wonder if there is people lurking on this mailing list wanting to
> start contributing to freeciv, but don't really know what to work on.
> We do have some areas where we really would have use for some help. As
> you can see, we basically would want someone taking active role with
> each client.
>

>  gtk3 migration.
>
>  Yesterday I copied gtk2-client code as base to start gtk3-client
> development. gtk3-client is really important thing to do so we will
> have at least one well maintained client also in the future when gtk2
> libraries are no longer available by default, or maybe not at all. But
> all of the currently active contributors seem to lack either time or
> other resources to take really active role in this work. I'd like to
> see someone taking main responsibility for gtk3 migration. More
> information about our plans are in https://gna.org/task/?7334 and
> https://gna.org/patch/?2689
>  I'll add gtk3-client category to task and bug trackers tonight.

 I have been working on this quite much myself.

>  SDL-client maintainership
>
>  If we want to keep SDL-client in well maintained state, we really
> need someone taking active role with it. At the moment biggest single
> issue is https://gna.org/bugs/?15804 If that is not fixed soon, we
> have quite useless sdl-client in 2.3 series already.
>

>  Qt-client development
>
>  Again, someone should take active role in Qt-client development if we
> want to see it forward. It was my original intend when I started that
> client that development should be later given to someone else, but as
> plan B I could slowly develop it myself. With the new things coming
> up, I really don't have time to execute that plan B. Qt-client is on
> hold until someone starts to work with it again.

 David Lowe promised to work on this, but we never got Qt-client
compilation to work with his Mac OS X.

 I also remind you about the fact that we've now got loadable AI
module support. Somebody may want to start developing their own
alternative AI for freeciv.

 - ML