I've got another reproducible case, and it's not about tech loss (this time).
I run with several patches applied. While I don't think those patches
contribute to the patch, it's probably reproducible from my autogame without
those patches.

So far I know:

Georgian Settler id 639 is trying to build Railroad on Forest / River.
Georgians have no Railroad tech, and never had. There has been unit with id
639 for a long time, owned by Abkhazians. It seems that unit_change_owner()
was not recently (since my last check it belongs to Abkhazians) called for
this unit. There was civil war recently, which may, or may not, be related.