I've had gui-qt in my trunk builds for a while. Now this is in, I'm getting:

pages.cpp: In member function ‘void fc_client::create_network_page()’:
pages.cpp:172: error: ‘class QLineEdit’ has no member named
‘setPlaceholderText’
pages.cpp:173: error: ‘class QLineEdit’ has no member named
‘setPlaceholderText’

It seems the method 'setPlaceholderText' was introduced in Qt 4.7
<http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qlineedit.html#placeholderText-prop>. I'm on
Ubuntu Linux 10.04, and it seems I have Qt 4.6.2.

My distro is now quite old (it's an LTS, but not the latest LTS), so I don't
feel aggrieved not to be able to build the Qt client, but I guess we need some
configure checks and advertised minimum versions of things.