I like this solution :) As for saying it's OK not to translate the non-Core
nations, I suppose we should encourage translators to work on the names of
nations, as they may pop up in the game. We may, however, say that nation
legends have a slightly lower priority - they don't appear a lot in the game,
but take a looooooot of time to translate. Obviously, in the ideal situation,
all strings should be translated, but with such huge PO files, it may be
useful to prioritize some strings over other ones.