> I was watching this game in AI mode, and several turns before
> this one the AI starts to lose money and it keeps the taxes to
> 70% (max under monarchy) instead of switching to 70% gold, as
> the aihand.c file is supposed to be designed.

One thing to remember when fixing this: It used(?) to be AI's biggest problem
that it increase taxrate (=reduced sciencerate) when it was losing money. As
it got positive balance, it was ready to build more buildings with high
maintenance cost. Repeat. Have an AI with science rate 0% *and* losing money
despite 100% taxrate.