On 2013 Jan 27, at 5:38 PM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> This would weaken some of the existing concepts - sometimes
> "happiness" rules even seem like "culture" rules under different name.

        I think this is fine, at least until something better comes along.

> Capturing cities with superior cultural influence
> is the obvious solution, which many other games have also implemented,
> but that wouldn't work well with our existing migration concept.

        Personally i find migration of population units to be an interesting
idea, but unsatisfactory in execution.  It tends to force 'large pox' to an
extreme; before a city has been built up enough to attract foreigners it begins
to cannibalize neighboring friendly cities.  By the time it can bring people
across the border it faces a challenge in feeding so many mouths.  I can go
ahead and build the Supermarket, but what then?  After the enemy city has
disbanded it leaves a ruin on the border; founding a new city there is of
course useless.  If i had annexed the enemy city instead it would help to push
my border further out...

> People are already moving to better place. Again, culture could
> contribute to migration score, but it cannot replace it.
> But there's one very simple solution. Let's not make culture to give
> unrealistic bonuses to be used in a way to victory, but to be the
> victory condition itself. Let's simply add optional victory condition
> for cultural domination, and everyone has to build their culture at
> least to prevent others from winning.

        I agree with that.

sent from Lion

Edison Carter: Security Systems has its tendrils into every element of our
society - the government, our homes, the police, the courts - I'm not gonna
spike this story just because it deals with dollar amounts beyond your
comprehension! It's too important!
Murray: ...cerebral...
Theora Jones: Murray, we're trying to play this takeover as a threat to our
average viewer. Nobody knows who's doing it. I mean, we all deal with SS every
day - what if some really dangerous people got control of it?
Murray: Who do you think controls it now?