On 29 January 2013 03:01, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 January 2013 02:50, Jacob Nevins
> <0jacobnk.fc...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Back to culture: we've got the "nationality" feature that doesn't do a
>> lot at the moment. I found this idea somewhat reminiscent of CivIV
>> culture.
>
>  I consider the two concepts separate, though in real life a lot of
> culture (or all, for certain meaning of the word) is specific to
> nationality. For the interaction of the two concepts, I've considered
> making multicultural cities to produce more culture than those with
> only one nationality.
>  Anyway, for the schedule question, I have now decided to work on some
> nationality patches first so we get it a bit improved to 2.5.

 Patch #3628 adds new happiness step for nationality related happiness
modifications. Now i wonder if culture related happiness modifications
should be included in this same step, or should they apply like
current luxury or temple/cathedral effects. This should be decided
more on game balance point of view than realism view, I think. If they
go to same step as nationality modifications I wonder what to call
that nationality+culture step? Not that our step names would be
completely accurate otherwise (named like "Buildings" when there's no
telling if the effects are provided by buildings, tech, government, or
terrain city is on)

 - ML