I've not been active with this ticket as I thought that I need to investigate
and test more that one cannot exploit it by moving military units, without
even intention to risk them by actually attackign, around AI workers and thus
making them to abort work only to start it from the beginning again and
again.
Then I just witnessed autogame where AI workers working next to cities (i.e.
one step from safety) kept working when pirates appeared to slaughter them -
single AI lost 8 workers that way in 2 turns!