Ubuntu and Debian historically diverge in libgtk update timing and history.
Current revisions in releases:

Debian Wheezy: 3.4.2
Debian Experimental: 3.8.0
Ubuntu Oneiric: 3.2.0
Ubuntu Precise:3.4.2
Ubuntu Quantal: 3.6.0
Ubuntu Raring: 3.6.4

    I don't have tooling to get release history for other distributions
installed.  I don't know what to do about Wheezy (would need to meet a fairly
high set of criteria to get applied), but the patch in bugzilla looks small
enough, focused enough, and safe enough that it could probably be released as
part of Precise updates, if that meets the local need.  As with the tooling,
I'm less certain how to arrange this for other distributions.