             Assigned to: cproc
                 Release: 2.4.0-RC1
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

1.
The description of the "nb" language code (Norwegian Bokmål) is mangled on
display, at least on my (Windows 7 British English) system. See screenshot. It
looks to me like UTF-8 interpreted as ISO 8859-1 or Win1252.

bootstrap/langnames.txt (from which this string comes) is encoded in UTF-8.
I'm guessing that encoding will pass straight through
create-freeciv-gtk2-nsi.sh to the NSIS script, and what happens then will
depend on NSIS' character set handling.

Is there some way to tell NSIS that the script it's been given is UTF-8
encoded, and if so will everything from then on Just Work?

Failing that, we could take the pragmatic step of changing the encoding of
langnames.txt in svn to ISO 8859-1.

2.
While the "Choose Components" screen has friendly language names, the "Choose
Default Language" step just has language codes. It would be nice if it
displayed language names. (This is a left-over from patch #3463.)

This doesn't look completely trivial, as it looks like the display name and
output name are currently tied. I'm sure it's possible to change the NSIS
script to separate them, but I haven't looked into it as I wouldn't be set up
to test any changes.

File Attachments:

Date: Sat Aug 24 14:53:59 2013  Name: lang3.png  Size: 38kB   By: jtn
2.4.0-RC1 Windows installer, nb (Norwegian Bokmål) name mangled