Update of patch #4104 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #9:

Sorry I have not looked into this earlier. I've sort of wanted to get extra
work a bit further before deciding anything about this. Anyway, I veto your
patch. It hardcodes the assumption that there's exactly one extra that counts
toward global warming or fallout, while I'm getting close to getting rid of
such limitations in the existing code.

One more solution would be to iterate over extras of relevant cause
(EC_POLLUTION or EC_FALLOUT) but that has its problems too.