                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.5.0, 2.6.0

When core-nations were introduced, idea was that legends of the other nations
should live in separate po-file (different domain in gettext terms).

Here's my current thinking

- What is certain, is that two files with same name cannot live in same
directory. That is, we cannot have translations of multiple domains (with
filename <lang>.po) in the same directory. For the directory hierarchy I
propose replacing current po/ -directory with translations/<domain>
-directories:
translations/freeciv/*.po
translations/nations/*.po
translations/Strings.txt

- Once we do the split, I think it's possible to get po-files correctly split
by simply msgmerging old (single) po-files against both freeciv.pot and
nations.pot. This should extract the strings relevant for the .pot in question
to the resulting po-files. Same applies when copying updated translation from
S2_4 (where is only single po-file) to S2_5 & TRUNK

- Out po/Makefile.in.in is originally from rather old version of gettext. We
cannot update it simply by copying newer version in as we have some local
modifications to it, and our configure.ac depends on some of the internals of
the current Makefile.in.in. It might make sense to update it now, before
making even heavier modifications to it making later update even harder. Not
that I see any need to update it any time soon - current version is sufficient
for us and when I looked latest version it would mainly add complications we
would need to patch against.

- I'm not aware any way to make 'intltool-update -m" to consider files other
than POTFILES.in & POTFILES.skip, so for us to be able to find files missing
from both domains, we probably need to add all files of one POTFILES.in to the
POTFILES.skip of the other.

- Targeting 2.5