>> we could equally well keep the combined files in svn as the
>> canonical po-files (there's no technical need for separate
>> catalogues to end up in binary packages, after all), and do
>> the splitting at the translator interface: offer split
>> po-files at cazfi.net, post stats on split files, etc.

I have been undecided about this when thinking split of the "extra nations"
domain out of "freeciv core" - in that case it would have clear advantages.
However, once we add freeciv-ruledit domain (See patch #4243) to the mix, it
becomes clear that domains should be completely separate (I don't think even
more complex system of handling different domains different ways would make
sense)