                 Release: 2.4.0+
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release: 2.5.0,2.6.0

As noted in task #7681, on my Windows 7 32-bit installation at least, the
first experimental Gtk3 installer that cproc built
<http://download.gna.org/freeciv/packages/windows/testing/Freeciv-2.4.0+-win32-gtk3-setup.exe>
is incredibly sluggish for some reason, and eats lots of CPU (much more than
the Gtk2 client, or Gtk3 on the same machine under Linux).

Don't know how we can progress this; creating ticket to gather more data /
ideas.
Marking as blocker for 2.5.0 since IMO this blocks Gtk3 as default client. (Of
course if we find an easy fix in Freeciv we'll probably backport it to 2.4.0
as well.)

(Is it possible that the Windows Gtk3 Cairo implementation is not well
optimised, or something?)