        Originator Email: c...@copper.net
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 2.4.1 GTK
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Forums: Index > Playing Freeciv > V241 gtk - no research?

I've made several cities, and they've grown to size 6, but still no research
is possible?  What's going on?

    What do you mean by "no research is possible"? Can't you select anything
to research from the Research report, or do you still produce 0 bulbs of
research / turn, or what? --Cazfi (talk) 20:30, January 1, 2014 (UTC)

        No matter what i choose to research, for over a 100 turns, it says
"Progress: no research" 0/28 bulbs (never).

            So you produce 0 bulbs / turn. What is you science rate? (each
test tube icon in left panel represents 10% sci rate, gold rates are
represented with coin icon, and luxury rate with theater mask) If it's at
least 60%, the very first piece of trade you produce should go to science
already. Hmm.. have you possibly lost your capital with Palace in it? That
could cause extreme corruption that eats all of your income.
            If this doesn't help, you can check my email address from Help ->
About Freeciv and send your savegame for me to check. --Cazfi (talk) 21:20,
January 1, 2014 (UTC)

                Still on Despotism, cannot evolve government due to no
research, so 60/40 science/gold, and not a single bulb in over 100 turns.
Trade is also 9 to 11 in each city, but corruption is 9 to 11 (??) as well,
though the cities are 3 or so tiles from capitol.  Corruption seems to always
match trade for some weird reason, is there a setting that would do this??

                    So you have 100% corruption (100% of the trade ends to
corruption). Do you still have your Palace? It's what makes the city your
capitol. If you don't have capitol at all, some max value is used as distance
to capitol, and as distance to capitol affects Despotism excessively, that
would results in the 100% corruption you're experiencing. --Cazfi (talk)
22:29, January 1, 2014 (UTC)

                        Still have a Palace, never sold or lost it, seems
corruption matches trade from turn 1 on(!?), something is not right with v241
or settings. Cannot locate the settings file, i'm on WinXP.

                            Which ruleset are you using? Could be that it has
broken corruption rules. --Cazfi (talk) 22:48, January 1, 2014 (UTC)

                                The ruleset says "default ruleset for single
player", i deleted the install directory after uninstalling v240, but i
suppose it had the ruleset files in some other place?

                                    I cannot reproduce any problems like this,
and I'm out of ideas now. Could you please submit a bugreport to
http://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=freeciv so others see this, and the
problem does not get forgotten. --Cazfi (talk) 23:22, January 1, 2014 (UTC)