On 2014 Jan 12, at 3:16 AM, Jacob Nevins
<0jacobnk.fc...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> You might have hoped that with the move to 2.4, OS X's firewall would
> have become *less* fussy, since locally spawned servers should now only
> listen on the localhost interface <http://gna.org/bugs/?18530>. Perhaps
> it has unexpectedly become more fussy as a result of this change in
> Freeciv -- which behaviour does 2.3 on 10.8 have, if it's easy to test?

        As an addendum, here's some data to chew on - from netstat.  Summary:
2.4 initializes an additional IPv6 socket compared to 2.3.  Is this expected
behavior?

With freeciv-2.3.4

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp6       0      0  localhost.freeciv      localhost.51436        ESTABLISHED
tcp6       0      0  localhost.51436        localhost.freeciv      ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      0  *.freeciv              *.*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0  *.freeciv              *.*                    LISTEN

With freeciv-2.4.0

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp6       0      0  localhost.5557         localhost.51623        ESTABLISHED
tcp6       0      0  localhost.51623        localhost.5557         ESTABLISHED
tcp6       0      0  localhost.5557         *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  localhost.5557         *.*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0  localhost.5557         *.*                    LISTEN

sent from Mountain Lion

Zik-Zak Announcer: Zik-Zak... We make everything you need and you need
everything we make.