> However, would "This unit imposes no zone of control" be clearer?
I think it sounds better.

> All cells around unit have controll, as they are all cells, thus no zones.
You have the same problem with plural. A user that is told that a unit has
zones of control may think it controls multiple unconnected zones. (Can I
place a zone of control on the map and assign it to a unit? Does the location
of the zones depend on what direction my unit is facing? Where are the blind
zones that separate the zones of control? Are the tiles next to my artillery
canon part of one of its zones of control or do they all start at some minimum
range?)

How about "This unit imposes no zone of control on its adjacent tiles"?