Got additional information for it. The penalty is only applied after finishing
a wonder in the city. Whenever I change the production for the first
post-wonder city improvement to some other improvement, the penalty is
applied. Like finishing Pyramids, starting to build Library, changing Library
to Temple - penalty. If I do it later on in the same city (finish Pyramids,
finish Library, start building Temple, change Temple to Marketplace - no
penalty).

So it seems that at the time the wonder has finished and the next build
starts, something is not reset. Or, as you pointed out, on the network
communication to/from the server when running on ARM, something is
misinterpreted/lost.