On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

There's a reason minimally tested development versions are usually not used in
production...

True. However, the server isn't segfaulting any more, and a workaround was created within a few hours. I think Freeciv-web benefits from having frequent and early releases, since it allows for quickly iterating on new versions based on user-feedback. Maintaining multiple branches and having huge releases every few years would require much more work and help from you other Freeciv developers.

By the way, are you able to build the latest Freeciv-web from git? I've fixed the recent problem you had. I could also help any of the other Freeciv developers setting up Freeciv-web on Vagrant:
https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web

Also, for motivation, this output from Google Analytics shows that lots of people actually use Freeciv-web: http://play.freeciv.org/freeciv-web-stats.pdf

Regards,
Andreas