sveinun...@users.sourceforge.net>:

> Simplify writing a Freeciv client (Freeciv web, client side AI, etc)
> that isn't written in C
> What I have done until now (mostly network protocol simplifications)
> is small, independent stuff that don't need more work. I won't start
> larger stuff unless I believe I can finish it before branching.

I obviously welcome such simplifications a lot! I suggest first to add
support for JSON network packets in the Freeciv server, in addition to the
current network packets.
Also reducing the need to patch the Freeciv server would be nice by going
through the Freeciv-web patches, understanding them and removing the need
for them.
https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web/tree/master/freeciv/patches

 Andreas R.