> The use of gui_gtk3_default_theme_name="Freeciv" in .freeciv
> client-rc-2.5 is a mistake and should be removed. A default
> theme choice should be saved in settings.ini.

Definitely not.

Outside the pecularities of the Windows packaging, /etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
is not part of Freeciv but configuration file defining system-wide (for all
programs, and even all users) defaults. Even if freeciv could change that
file, we wouldn't want to make all the programs in the system to use Freeciv
theme simply because freeciv is installed there.